Individuals must maintain a healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk of suffering from diabetes and other serious illnesses. Individuals exhibiting signs of diabetes must consult a competent Internal medicine Doctor in Lahore. Early diagnosis and medical intervention help reduce the risks by managing the condition. Therefore, people must understand the importance of timely treatment and avoid delaying their visits to the doctor. The complications associated with diabetes are:
- Retinopathy: People diagnosed with diabetes must take medications to prevent retinopathy. It is a condition that affects eyesight. People start to notice a change in their vision. However, managing the symptoms can help reduce the risk of retinopathy and related complications that affect the quality of life.
- Foot Amputation: Diabetes can cause nerve damage. High blood sugar levels affect blood circulation, causing nerve damage. It causes a delay in the healing of cuts and wounds that affect the movement. In severe cases, the patient may have to undergo foot amputation to prevent further complications. The patients must keep a check on the changes in the skin for early diagnosis and timely treatment.
- Stroke: High blood sugar levels damage the nerves, increasing the risk of stroke. It can become a life-threatening condition. Therefore, people must visit their doctor every six months for screening.
- Heart Disease: The damage to the nerves increases the risk of heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases, affecting the quality of life.
- Neuropathy: High blood sugar damage the nerves. It affects the communication between the brain and the body. The delay in transmitting messages affects the sensations. The person with diabetes receives delayed messages. It changes the way one sees and feels.
- Cancer: Patients with diabetes are at a higher risk of suffering from cancer. Therefore, the patient must monitor the bodily changes and consult the doctor for an early diagnosis.
- HHS: Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state is when the patient with type 2 diabetes becomes dehydrated with high blood sugar levels. The patient requires immediate medical attention to prevent permanent damage and save their life.
- Gum Diseases: High blood sugars increase the bacteria in the mouth. It damages the enamel and oral health. The patient is at a higher risk of suffering from gum infections.
- Sexual Problems: Women with diabetes have low circulation to the sexual organs, which can affect their sex life. Women are more likely to suffer from urinary tract infections, which can cause further complications. Men with diabetes are more likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Mental Health Problems: Diabetes affect the physical health of the individual. It becomes difficult for the patient to manage the symptoms, which can lead to anxiety and depression. Therefore, people diagnosed with the disease must consult a therapist to focus on the positive aspects of life and remain hopeful.
Individuals who exhibit signs of uncontrolled diabetes must visit the best Internal Medicine Specialist in Karachi. The specialist will evaluate the severity of the condition before selecting a suitable treatment plan. The treatment will allow the individual to manage the symptoms and live a quality life. Lifestyle modification and medications help the patient with diabetes reduce the risk of complications that can become life-threatening conditions.