Can I enter Vietnam without a visa? This is a common question among travellers planning a trip to Vietnam. In this article, we will discuss the visa exemption policy in Vietnam and the conditions under which you can enter the country without a visa.
Learn more: Vietnam Visa On Arrival Application Process [UPDATED 2023]
1. Is a visa for Vietnam required?
Yes. Vietnam requires a visa for most countries’ residents when they come to Vietnam, except for those who are granted Vietnam visa exemption. From January 2022, regular passport holders from 25 countries will no longer require a visa to enter Vietnam. The complete list of nations exempt from Vietnam visa requirements is provided below:
- South Korea
Certain countries don’t need a visa when travelling to Vietnam
Discover more: Vietnam Visa Application Process: 3 options & Steps to apply
Other visa exemption cases
To be eligible for the 30-day visa exemption in Vietnam, coastal economic zones must meet specific conditions:
- Having their own space.
- Defined geographical boundaries.
- International airports.
- Adhering to socio-economic development policies without threatening national defense, social order, and safety of Vietnam. Phu Quoc island falls under this category.
Additionally, ABTC holders with valid passports can stay in Vietnam for up to 60 days without a visa.
2. Conditions to make a Vietnam visa exemption
The following conditions must be met to enter Vietnam without a visa:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
- A passport that contains at least two blank pages.
You need a passport that meets 2 conditions to enter Vietnam without a visa
Read carefully: Visa for Vietnam cost | How much is a visa to Vietnam?
3. Can I extend my Vietnam visa exemption certificate?
Before Covid 19, Vietnam residents could extend their visa exemption. However, currently, the price of extension has changed due to differences between countries and regions.
As the exemption period expires, those who wish to stay in Vietnam longer must depart for a nearby nation (such as Thailand, Cambodia, or Laos). After 30 days since your exit date, you can return with a fresh visa exemption. This method of staying longer is known as “Visa Run”.
If you need help on this service or have some questions, feel free to contact us by the hotline No. (+84) 918 21 2468 or our email [email protected].
Visa exemption certificate is hard to extend these days
In short, “Can I enter Vietnam without a visa?” The answer is Yes. Now you can enter Vietnam visa-free if you are in the list of Vietnam visa exemption. Hope that the above information, you’re planning your travel to Vietnam to avoid any unexpected issues at the border.
Wolo International Travel Service and Commercial Investment Joint Stock Company:
- Address: 2nd floor – No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: [email protected]