Once in Tanzania, head straight to the Serengeti National Park for an unforgettable safari experience.
- The massive Serengeti plains are home to the largest mammal migration on earth. From July to October, over 2 million wildebeests, zebras, and gazelles Travel over 500 miles in a giant loop, following the rains and fresh grasses. Seeing this spectacular migration in person will leave you in awe of nature’s grandeur.
- For a unique perspective, go on a hot air balloon safari at dawn. Gently float over the plains as the sun rises and animals wake up. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience the sounds and smells of the bush in a magical way.
- There are eco-friendly lodges and luxury tented camps to stay at in the park. Enjoy gourmet meals, swimming pools, and stargazing while still feeling immersed in the wild.
A safari in the Serengeti lets you experience adventure and relaxation in perfect balance. You’ll return home with memories to last a lifetime and a deeper connection to the natural world.
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s Tallest Peak
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is a bucket list adventure for good reason. At 19,341 feet, it’s the tallest freestanding mountain in the world and the highest peak in Africa. The rewarding trek takes you through five diverse climate zones, from jungle to arctic.
- Start your climb from the village of Arusha, the gateway to Kilimanjaro National Park. Take it slow, as the altitude means less oxygen the higher you go. Most treks take 6-8 days to reach the summit.
- Pack essential gear like hiking boots, insulated jackets, thermal layers, gloves, hat, and a sleeping bag rated for freezing temps. Don’t forget a camera – the views are unparalleled!
- Choose from several routes to the top, like the popular Machame route or more challenging Umbwe route. Stop at camps along the way to acclimate, where porters will set up your tent and cook hot meals.
- Summit day starts before dawn for the final push to Uhuru Peak. Watch the sunrise over a sea of clouds and snap a pic at the famous summit sign! The descent back down is hard on the knees, but you’ll be on a natural high having conquered the “Roof of Africa.”
An adventure in Tanzania isn’t complete without also experiencing the exotic wildlife and beaches. Go on safari in the Serengeti, relax on the shores of Zanzibar, and dive with whale sharks off Mafia Island. From the heights of Kilimanjaro to the depths of the Indian Ocean, Tanzania offers the perfect balance of thrills and chills.
Pristine Beaches and Turquoise Waters
After exciting safaris on the mainland, Zanzibar’s beaches are the perfect place to unwind. Miles of coastline with soft white sand and bright blue water await you.
- Head to Nungwi Beach on the northern tip of Zanzibar. It’s one of the most stunning beaches with resorts right along the shore. You can go snorkeling and see tropical fish in their natural habitat, or just relax in a beach chair and soak in the sun.
- For a more secluded beach, try Matemwe Beach on the east coast. The shallow, turquoise waters are ideal for swimming and other beach activities. Small resorts and guesthouses dot the beach but it has a quiet, laid-back vibe. Enjoy fresh seafood at local restaurants with ocean views.
Whether you want to dive in colorful reefs, get a massage on the beach, or learn about Swahili culture, Zanzibar has adventure and relaxation in perfect balance. After your beach getaway, you’ll return home feeling recharged by the island’s natural beauty and vibrant spirit. Paradise found, without the crowds.